Seven Business Leaders Selected to Judge Edmunds.com's Hackomotive Event
February 17, 2014
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Edmunds.com has named seven tech, marketing and automotive business leaders from across the country to judge its second annual Hackomotive, a three-day event in which participants develop products and ideas that promote a better car-shopping experience.
This year’s event, to be held at Edmunds.com's Santa Monica, Calif., headquarters Feb. 25-27, will include inspiring talks, networking opportunities and brainstorming sessions. Participants in this year’s contest will present their innovations in a "Shark Tank"-style format to the panel of judges, who will award a $20,000 grand prize to the first place winner, $10,000 for second place and $5,000 for third place.
Named as judges were:
• Michelle Denogean, chief marketing officer at Edmunds.com
• Michael DeSimone, president and CEO of DeSimone Group Investments
• Holly Dudley, director of enterprise sales at Prosum Technology Services
• Jamie Foley, vice president at MWW Public Relations
• Daniel Gage, director of communications and public affairs for the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturer
• Tony Rimas, managing partner at Fraser McCombs Capital
• Oren Weintraub, founder and CEO of Authority Auto and MyCarBuyingSecrets.com
In addition to awarding the prize money, Edmunds.com may also select one or more winning product or idea for acceleration.
The application process for this year’s event is now closed, but interested parties can learn more about Hackomotive 2014 by clicking here.
More than 120 consumers, dealers, automaker representatives, designers and technologists participated in last year’s inaugural event, in which $28,000 was awarded to the creators of the top four ideas. The two grand prize-winning teams proposed social media sites that would help car buyers identify and work with salespeople whose expertise and specialties best fit their needs. More details on last year's winning prototypes can be found by clicking here.