Wow what a math problem this will be. They end up leaving, head right down the street and buy the lower priced vehicle. Ouch, lost sale and lost commission, along with lost attitude. Let me help you prevent this scenario. There are three questions that must be mastered to be great in sales. I promise you that if you master these questions, you will make more money. Now you would like that, wouldn’t you? I mean selling is fun when you're making money isn’t it? Couldn’t you use a little more money?
Yes Questions – The first question to help you sell is a yes question. The more yes you get, the easier it will be to close.
1. Isn’t it – wouldn’t it – couldn’t it – won’t it – doesn’t it – shouldn’t it? Examples:
2. Open ended questions help you build rapport – who – what – where – when – why – how?
Remember if they don’t like you, they probably won’t buy from you. Everyone likes to talk about themselves; these will help you build your sale and ease the customer’s tension and lack of trust.
- Where do you live?
- How many children do you have?
- Who do you normally go up to the lake with?
- What type of boat do you have?
- Why is safety so important to you?
3. The either/or question is when you ask a question and supply the answer. They are great for helping you investigate wants and needs, to set appointments and close. It will be hard to do a winning presentation without finding out the customers hot buttons. Most salespeople won’t ask for the demo right because they didn’t do a great job of investigating
- Is this car for you or someone else?
- Did you want something basic or more equipped?
- Do you want to look at an extended cab or regular cab?
- Do you live around here or out of town?
Setting appointments -
- Did you want to come in right now or later?
- Can you make it in this morning or this afternoon?
- Would 3:15 or 3:45 be better for you?
- Would you like to register this in one name or two?
- Did you want the bed liner installed today or tomorrow?
- Do you prefer something cold or hot while we wrap up the paperwork?
There are several more questions that can be added here. To become the best in sales, you must master asking questions. They, along with listening skills, are the foundation to selling. Ask the question, be quiet, let them respond and then ask another. You have to give up control to get control of the sale. Remember you don’t talk your way to a sale, you question your way to a sale. Your vocabulary is your software. To increase your vocabulary is to increase your sales. Think of it as speak and grow rich. Here is a strategy into mastering the questions. Take time out everyday to write out the 10 questions. On Monday write out 10 yes questions, Tuesday write out 10 open-ended questions, Wednesday write out 10 either/or questions. Repeat the sequence on Thursday, Friday and on the rest of your selling days. If you are using our success monthly planner, it will be easy to keep track of this. Gretzky didn’t become great overnight; he practiced and practiced and practiced until it paid off. So will this. Your words are your tools; keep them sharp and polished and sales naturally will rise along with confidence.