Cincinnati, OH - Dealer Specialties, Inc., a division of Dominion Dealer Solutions and the nation’s leading provider of inventory management and distribution services, announced today the launch of Vehicle Manager, an Internet-based inventory management application that provides auto dealers with everything they need to effectively manage, market and distribute their vehicle inventory online.
“Dealers today realize the importance of having a strong Internet presence,” said Brian Page, General Manager of Dealer Data Systems at Dealer Specialties. “Vehicle Manager is a time saving tool that allows them to gain a competitive edge early in the buying process.”
New features in Vehicle Manager include:
- Access to Administration Tools – dealers or other designated users can now change prices, modify, add or remove inventory at any time (previously dealers could only change pricing and mark vehicles as ‘sold’). Full access keeps dealer inventory current at all times, and each change is automatically updated on all of Dealer Specialties’ partner web sites, including AutoTrader.com, GetAuto.com, Cars.com, ebay and more.
- Automated Inventory Rules – dealers can set up automated ‘rules’ for managing inventory on a per vehicle basis, i.e. if a car hasn’t sold after 90 days (or other preset criteria), a rule can be set up to reduce the price, send the car to ebay to be auctioned, or other options, and the system will automatically implement the changes at the designated time.
- Price Comparison Tool – allows dealers to stay competitive by selecting any vehicle in their inventory, then running a price comparison to show how competitors within a designated radius are pricing that vehicle type.
- Moving Inventory – if a car isn’t selling in one location a dealer in a group can post it to a sister location, effectively “moving” the vehicle with a single click of a mouse, as opposed to having to physically transport the vehicle.
- Categorizing and Sorting Inventories –Dealers can easily categorize used, new or certified vehicles, to see where the majority of their inventory lies. Also, sorting inventory by any parameter such as price, color, year, model or make is easy as clicking a button.
Vehicle Brochures – allows dealers or salespeople to instantly create a 3-page, color brochure for individual vehicles. With a few clicks of the mouse, a salesperson can select a vehicle from the inventory screen, access a template, and the system prints out a professional brochure that highlights vehicle features, including photos, dealer branding, contact information, and salesperson photo.
- Vehicle Videos (VeVos) -- utilizes the latest in Flash technology to create a “walkaround” video experience on the Internet, including music and voice-over; in effect a 30-60 second content-rich commercial for individual vehicles, designed to attract and influence customers.
- Global Vehicle Marketing Text – allows dealer slogans announcing specials or rebates to be posted with every car, increasing dealer branding and awareness.
- Web2Print – allows dealers to export online inventory into one of many templates. Web2Print converts the data into a ready-to-print ad that can be sent to the local newspaper or magazine
Additionally, the new version of Vehicle Manager has a new, user-friendly interface with a design that is neat and streamlined, with improved menu structures, icons and links for ease of navigation. Vehicle Manager is available immediately and is offered in a variety of different package options for every dealer need.
About Dealer Specialties
Dealer Specialties Inc., a Dominion Dealer Solutions Company, is the nation’s leading provider of vehicle data collection, image generation, window labeling services and inventory management. Dealer Specialties helps automotive dealers sell more vehicles by leveraging the latest Internet technology and distribution channels. Dealer Specialties’ many Internet partners include AutoTrader.com, ebay, Cars.com, GetAuto.com, Manheim, Cobalt and more.
Founded on the innovative concept of supplying dealers with window-stickers for used vehicles, Dealer Specialties has remained on the cutting edge of marketing, management and customer service for nearly twenty years. More than 10,000 dealerships rely on Dealer Specialties to help manage and market their vehicle inventory. Dealer Specialties is a designated supplier of certified window stickers for GM, Toyota and Lexus; is a Value Added Reseller for the National Automotive Dealers Association; and has built a network of more than 800 of the most knowledgeable and responsive service representatives in the USA.
About Dominion Dealer Solutions
Headquartered in Monroe, Ohio and established September 2006, Dominion Dealer Solutions combines the power of Dealer Specialties, Dealer Data Services, SelectQu/DataCube, Dealerskins and XIGroup. These automotive industry leaders form a foundation for providing a nationally recognized total web solution to dealers throughout the country. Dominion Dealer Solutions serves over 12,000 customers, collects and distributes data to over 2,000 data partners, maintains a rolling inventory of over 725,000 vehicles and manages 1,800 custom-built lead generating websites.
Dominion Dealer Solutions is a subsidiary of Dominion Enterprises. Dominion Enterprises is headquartered in Norfolk, VA and is a leading media and information services company serving employment, real estate, recreation, and industrial markets in the United States. The company has 503 paid and free magazine titles such as For Rent, Harmon Homes, The Employment Guide, Boat Trader, Cycle Trader and RV Trader with a combined weekly circulation of nearly 6 million; over 40 market-leading websites such as ForRent.com, Homes.com, and Traderonline.com reaching over 8 million monthly visitors; data capture and distribution businesses such as Dealer Specialties; and web services businesses across all the company’s industry categories. The company has 6,600 employees nationwide.